American Express offers a wide variety of small business cards for people with excellent credit.
Chances are there’s an American Express business card that will work to earn rewards on the money your business is already spending, whether you want to earn travel rewards or cash back.
Many of these cards earn Membership Rewards® program points, which can be transferred to partner loyalty programs, such as airline miles or hotel points. These points can also be redeemed for gift cards or statement credit, but you’ll usually get less value from them.
Most American Express business cards have an introductory bonus, so you can earn bonus points for spending a certain amount within the first few months of card membership.
You can also get employee cards to earn more rewards and manage employee spending.
Former Charge Cards for Business
There are four former charge cards for small business owners. They’re former charge cards because they now have a Pay Over Time feature.
They’re designed for business travel booked through American Express Travel and earn Membership Rewards® points, except for the Plum Card®. The Business Green Rewards card is the only one with a foreign transaction fee. Since charge cards have no preset spending limit, you can use them to earn rewards on big business expenses – but that doesn’t mean you’re approved for unlimited spending.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Business Gold Card
- The Plum Card® from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express
When you visit MoneyTips, we want you to know that you can trust what’s in front of you. We are an authoritative source of accurate and relevant financial guidance. When MoneyTips content contains a link to partner or sponsor affiliated content, we’ll clearly indicate where that happens. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in our content are of the author alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the advertiser.
We make every effort to provide up-to-date information; however, we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information presented. Consumers should verify terms and conditions with the institution providing the products. Some articles may contain sponsored content, content about affiliated entities or content about clients in the network. While reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information, the information is presented without warranty.
Business Credit Cards
Amex offers two business credit cards, and the main difference is their rewards programs. Neither has an annual fee, but both have a 2.7% foreign transaction fee.
- The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express earns Membership Rewards® points
- The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card earns cash back
American Express offers several co-branded cards in partnership with other brands, including Amazon, Delta, Hilton, Marriott and Lowe’s.
Amex offers two co-branded Amazon business credit cards — one for regular Amazon customers and one for Amazon Prime members. The regular customer card provides 3% cash back at Whole Foods Markets and for Amazon services. The Prime card earns 5% cash back for purchases. Each card has several other 2% cash-back bonus categories.
- Amazon Business American Express Card
- Amazon Business Prime American Express Card
American Express and Delta offer a variety of cards with different annual fees. The Delta Reserve Card offers airport lounge access and several other benefits. The main differences between the cards are how they earn rewards and how many bonus miles you get when you spend on the card within the first few months of card membership.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
If you stay at Hilton hotels frequently, this card makes it easy to rack up Hilton Honors Points as well as other perks:
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
If you frequently spend and stay at Marriott hotels, this card can be valuable for earning points:
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
Lowe’s home improvement stores
If your business spends at Lowe’s frequently, this no annual fee card could save you lots of money (5% off at Lowe’s) and earn rewards:
- Lowe’s Business Rewards Card
Amex Business Card Features
American Express business cards have access to a suite of business benefits, including:
- Employee cards: Manage spending and maximize rewards
- Account manager: Designate a trusted account manager to handle your business card account
- American Express business app: Manage your card expenses and track receipts
- Connect to Quickbooks: Transfer data from your Amex statement directly into Quickbooks
- Year-end summary: Get a complete summary of your spending by month and category
- 24/7 business customer support: Speak with a business specialist trained to help with your business needs