Last Updated: February 9, 2023
In some circumstances, we may provide you with additional or supplemental privacy notices to the extent they apply to you because of the products and services you obtain from us or different laws that may apply to you. If you are a resident of California, Virginia, Colorado, Utah, Connecticut or other states that may provide additional privacy rights, please refer to the Additional Information Regarding Your Privacy Rights section below.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect information from you when you create an account, fill out a form or otherwise submit content through our Services, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, request customer support or information about our Services, or otherwise communicate with us.
The specific information we collect depends on the context in which you provide it, and could include:
- Email address.
- Residential, business and/or mailing address.
- Phone number.
- Information related to your job title and the company you work for.
- Loan information.
- Property Information including property type and use.
- Credit Information that you provide.
- Content that you post on our Websites, including peer and client reviews, questions and answers, comments, photos, videos, and other materials (“User Content”).
- Content and comments you provide to us in response to surveys, questionnaires, or requests for feedback.
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Automatically Collect
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Transactional Information: When you complete a transaction, we collect information about the transaction, such as product or service details, financial details and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers and device regional and language settings, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, products and services considered, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services.
- Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and which emails and advertisements you view, authenticate users, reconstruct or observe activity relating to a session or by a user for troubleshooting, issue resolution, and other purposes, and count visits to our websites.
- Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs“) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. In our mobile apps, we may also use technologies that are not browser-based like cookies.
- For more information about these tracking technologies and how to disable them, see the Advertising and Analytics section below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources in certain situations. For example, we may collect information about you from advertising networks.
The information we receive from such third parties varies depending on the information made available by those entities. Examples of the types of information we receive include financial account information, information about account balance, information about credit accounts, information about loan accounts, information about investment accounts, identifiers and information about account owners, information about account transactions and employment information.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or city or postal code or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on information you provide to us and your browsing behavior and past purchases.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide our Services to you.
Other Reasons to Collect Information
We also use the information we collect to:
- Fulfill or deliver the services you requested, including completing a Quote Information request or product, service or product provided by our Websites or websites hosted by third parties which have a business relationship with MoneyTips (“Third Party Partners,” or “TPP”)
- Provide, maintain, improve and develop new products, services and features, including debugging and repairing errors in our Services
- Personalize your experience with us
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages, including responding to your inquiries and comments
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by MoneyTips and others (including Third Party Partners) and provide news and information that we think will interest you. See the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites. For more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below
- Show you offers for third-party services personalized to you (including from Third Party Partners), based on information we have collected about you
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and help protect the rights and property of MoneyTips and others
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations
- Create de-identified, anonymized or aggregated information
- Fulfill any other purpose at your direction
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
How We Disclose Your Information
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy.
Disclosing With Other Third Parties / Third Party Partners
MoneyTips shares your information with non-affiliated third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third Party Partners: We disclose information to Third Party Partners when necessary to provide a product or service that you order or request from such Third-Party Partner while using the Websites or the Third Party Partners’ websites, (including, for example, when completing a Quote Information request or when responding to offers provided by the Websites). We may also use a Third-Party Partner to provide you with information regarding the Websites or to provide you with the Third-Party Partners’ services and information at your request.
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers and consultants that access personal information to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, data analytics, property title and appraisal services, technical support marketing and advertising.
- If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Services, we share this information publicly on our Services.
- We share personal information with third parties (including Third Party Partners) for their own services and marketing purposes, analytics, and in some cases to jointly market and provide products and services with third parties.
- When you request information about services offered by other companies (such as Third Party Partners), we may disclose information about you to those companies so that we or they can notify you of, and determine if you qualify for, products or services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe (1) that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, (2) that you have violated the law, or (3) it’s necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of MoneyTips, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction, including but not limited to through third-party integrations you choose to enable.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics
This information may be used by MoneyTips and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, reconstruct or observe activity relating to a session, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other websites, and better understand your online activity.
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through mobile apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
Third Party Advertising
We also share personal information to work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address or phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
California Shine The Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you’re a California resident and would like to make such a request, please call us at 800-952-5210.
Processing Of Information In The United States and Other Countries
MoneyTips is headquartered in the United States, and we offer goods and services to consumers in the United States. We have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.
To exercise your consumer rights, you can submit a request consumer rights request here, or contact MoneyTips via email at [email protected] Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Do Not Track Signals
You may be using an Internet browser that can communicate your privacy preferences to the website, including requests not to track your usage and browsing history. Currently, our websites do not respond to these signals. MoneyTips may track your activity on these websites and use that information as provided in this policy.
Changes To This Policy
12181 Bluff Creek Dr., Suite 250
Playa Vista, CA 90094
Via Email: [email protected]
Additional Information Regarding Your Privacy Rights
Certain states, including California and Virginia, require additional information regarding our privacy practices and your privacy rights. Depending on whether you are a resident of those states, we provide you additional notices about our privacy practices and consumer rights relating to your information.
California and Other States Notice of Information Collected and/or Disclosed
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) and privacy laws in Virginia afford consumers residing in those states certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, including a business contact of one of our vendors or other type of business which transacts with MoneyTips (collectively, “CA Business Contact”), or a Virginia resident, this section applies to you.
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Identifiers||Name, alias, postal address, online identifier (including IP address), email address, or other similar identifiers.|
|Client Records||Salary, net worth, self-reported credit score, or other financial information|
|Commercial Information||Records of property, products or services purchased.|
|Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements.|
|Professional Or Employment-Related Information||Current employer or employment status.|
|Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information||Preferences, characteristics and approximate location.|
For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Information We Collect section. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How We Use Your Information section.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we’ve disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Partners (such as mortgage partners), and service providers (such as internet service providers, data analytics providers, email service providers, data storage providers, customer support providers, account management providers, operating systems and platforms), Third Party Partners.|
|Client Records||Partners (such as mortgage partners), , and service providers (such as internet service providers, data analytics providers, email service providers, data storage providers, customer support providers, account management providers, operating systems and platforms), Third Party Partners.|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||Service providers, Third Party Partners, mortgage partners, and partner companies.|
|Commercial Information||Partners (such as mortgage partners), advertising networks, and service providers (such as internet service providers, data analytics providers, email service providers, data storage providers, customer support providers, account management providers, operating systems and platforms), Third Party Partners.|
|Internet Or Other Network Activity||Service providers (such as internet service providers, data analytics providers, data storage providers, operating systems and platforms), Third Party Partners.|
|Geolocation Data||Third Party Partners, Partners and service providers.|
|Professional Or Employment-Related Information||Service providers, Third Party Partners, and partners.|
|Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information||Partners, and service providers (such as internet service providers, data analytics providers, email service providers, data storage providers, customer support providers, account management providers, operating systems and platforms), Third Party Partners.|
|Sensitive Personal Information||Partners (such as mortgage partners), service providers (such as internet service providers, data analytics providers, email service providers, data storage providers, customer support providers, account management providers, operating systems and platforms), affiliates, Third Party Partners, and partner companies.|
Sensitive Personal Information
Privacy laws in California and Virginia specify certain rights with respect to our collection of certain information those laws designate as “Sensitive Personal Information.” We obtain consent to collect that information in those states where consent is required. Moreover, each state’s privacy laws may consider different pieces of information to be “Sensitive Personal Information.” When we collect your Sensitive Personal Information, we collect and use that information to perform the services or provide the goods for which that information is necessary and as reasonably expected by you.
Right to Limit Processing of Sensitive Personal Information
In California, you have the right to limit our processing of Sensitive Personal Information to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests such goods or services. When we collect your Sensitive Personal Information, we collect and use that information in order to perform the services or provide the goods for which that information is necessary and as reasonably expected by you. Moreover, we do not use your sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring any characteristics about you. We will notify you if we use your Sensitive Personal Information for purposes you might not reasonably expect so that you can request that we limit that processing.
Sale Of Personal Information
California and Virginia law provide for certain disclosures about personal information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CPRA, means certain scenarios in which MoneyTips has shared personal information with third parties or Third Party Partners, in exchange for valuable consideration, and in Virginia would mean MoneyTips’ exchange of personal data for monetary consideration with a non-affiliated third party.
Under California’s definition, we “sell” personal information for the following commercial purposes: to enable Third Party Partners and certain other third parties to use your information in accordance with their privacy policies. We “sell” the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Third Party Partners and other third parties.|
|Categories Of Personal Information Described In the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) or in the applicable state laws||Third Party Partners and other third parties.|
|Commercial Information||Third Party Partners and other third parties.|
|Internet Or Other Network Activity||Third Party Partners and other third parties.|
|Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information||Third Party Partners and other third parties.|
We do not sell personal information under Virginia’s definition of “sell.”
Right to Opt-Out of Selling
In California, you have the right to opt out of the “sales” described above at any time by visiting our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
California Sharing Of Personal Information and Other State’s Targeted Advertising
The CPRA requires that we notify you if we “Share” your personal information with third parties. For purposes of the CPRA, “Sharing” means that we make available or otherwise disclose your information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising. Further, “cross-context behavioral advertising” means the targeting of advertising to you based on your personal information obtained from your activity across businesses, websites, apps, and services other than our Services.
Similarly, Virginia’s privacy law requires that we notify you if we use your information for Targeted Advertising. Targeted Advertising means displaying advertisements to you where the advertisement is selected based on personal information obtained from your activities over time and across nonaffiliated websites or online applications to predict your preferences or interests
Accordingly, we “Share” and use your information for Targeted Advertising. Specifically we share your identifiers and internet or other network activity with our advertising partners.
You have the right to opt out of “sharing” or Targeted Advertising at any time by accessing our Do Not Share My Personal Information.
Retention of Personal Information
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to carry out the purposes we disclose in this policy.
State Consumer Data Rights
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell and to access your information, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) request correction of your personal information and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
You may make these requests by submitting a request here, or emailing us at the following: [email protected], calling 800-952-5210 or mailing us at 12181 Bluff Creek Dr., Suite 250, Playa Vista, CA 90094. We’ll verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you’ve provided such agent with a power of attorney, or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you’re an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us as set out above.