Last Updated: July 12, 2021
1. Third-Party Websites
Via the Website, we feature a wide range of advertising and promotional displays and links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link on our website pages, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. When you access a linked site, you may be disclosing private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
2. Personal Information
We may collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available via our Website. We may require Users who use the Website to give us contact information, which may include but is not limited to the User’s name, residential, business and/or mailing address, phone numbers, and email address (collectively “Personal Information”). You can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it or not using the Website.
3. Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”) about Users whenever they interact with our websites, web pages, applications or platforms. Non-Personal Information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to the Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. We may collect and share non-personal identification information to generate anonymized data and statistics about the behavior of Users of our websites, web pages, applications or platforms to analyze the usage of those websites, web pages, applications or platforms. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device as part of a web page/mobile application request, including the web pages you visit, your browser/device features, and other information that assists us in improving the Website. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular User.
4. Automated Collection of Information
MoneyTips may use web beacons via the Website. A web beacon is programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page (by using a programming function), but can also be used to transfer an individual’s unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database and associate the individual with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows MoneyTips to track certain websites an individual visits online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes. MoneyTips also uses web beacons in email messages sent to individuals listed in our database.
MoneyTips uses a common technology known as a “Clear GIF” or “1-by-1 Pixel” on our websites and in e-mail communications with users. A Clear GIF or “graphic interface format” is a small graphic (in fact, truly a 1×1 pixel) that we (or our partners) place on a page of our websites. We may also occasionally place GIFs in e-mail messages that we send to users. GIFs, which do not contain any Personal Information of users, provide us with important information about how users use the Website and respond to e-mail messages. With this information, we are better able to track the performance of certain promotions and understand the effectiveness of particular creative Email presentations. We may also allow our advertisers and promotional partners the ability to use GIFs on our websites solely to track users who link from their respective websites to our websites, but this ability to track such activity does not allow these entities access to user’s Personal Information.
MoneyTips tracks information related to the electronic mailings and web pages viewed by users and subscribers, as well as the hyperlinks clicked by subscribers, while viewing our emails or visiting our websites. Log files are used to track and monitor subscriber usage. We collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address to help diagnose problems with our server, to gather information on your proximity to improve your experience using the Website and to administer the Website. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Your IP address is also used to help identify you during a particular session and to gather broad demographic data. MoneyTips may receive information about individuals from Third Parties or from other sources of information outside of our websites including information located in public databases. The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly evolving, as is MoneyTips’ use of new and evolving technology. As a result, MoneyTips strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of technology.
California Disclosure re: Do Not Track Signals from Web Browsers and Mobile Devices: Our websites are not presently configured to support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from web browsers or mobile devices.
For personal data that is subject to General Data Protective Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), we rely on several legal bases to use and process your personal data, which include (i) when you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time ; (ii) when data processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, such as the Terms and Conditions, and (iii) our legitimate business interests, such as improving and personalizing the Website, marketing new features or products that may be of interest to you, and promoting safety and security of the Service and our Customers.
5. How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our websites.
Sensitive and private data exchange between our websites and Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
However, please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any personal information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. A third party may therefore be able to trace an existing bank account or relationship or one that is subsequently created. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country, data may also be transmitted via such networks to other countries regularly and without controls, including to countries that do not afford the same level of data protection as your country of domicile.
Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your Personal Information or data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
6. Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. In addition to the use of information described above, MoneyTips reserves the right to disclose information provided by Users (including Personal Information) as follows:
- Marketing and Order Fulfillment. MoneyTips will transfer user information (including Personal Information) to Third Parties when necessary to provide a product or service that the User orders or requests from such Third Party while using the Website or Third-Party sites, (including, for example, when completing a Quote Information request or when responding to offers provided by the Website). MoneyTips may also use a Third Party to provide you with information regarding the Website or to provide you with Third-party services and information which you have requested. All Third Parties associated with MoneyTips have entered into an agreement with us and are required to comply with all state and federal privacy regulations. By submitting a Quote Information request or responding to offers provided by the Website, you understand that Third Parties may contact you by telephone (on a recorded line), automated calling, mobile phone, SMS, email, or home mail delivery based on the information you provided to the site in order to process and fulfill your request, even if you have opted into the National Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call list or the Do Not Call List of any internal company. If one of MoneyTips’ Third Party partners contacts you and you do not wish to be contacted again by that Third Party with respect to your inquiry, then you should specifically make a request to that Third Party not to contact you again. Please note that the Third Parties may maintain the information you provided whether you elect to use their services.
- Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); or (2) protect or defend MoneyTips’, or a third party’s, rights or property.
- Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services for you. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize.
7. Your Choices on Sharing of Information
You have choices with regard to marketing communications and data sharing. Regardless of how you use our Website, , you can opt-out of receiving marketing communication from us (and our joint marketing partners) or from our sharing your personal information with third parties for their own marketing by contacting us at: [email protected]
8. Data Retention
We keep your information, such as your name, email address and phone number for long as it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, and to prevent harm to you, any third party, or us.
9. For Users in California Only
Companies that collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) from California residents and disclose such information to Third Parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with Third Parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your PII not be shared with Third Parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address and postal address to: [email protected] In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to [email protected]
10. For Users Outside of the United States Only
We do not knowingly allow any users under the age of eighteen (18) to use or otherwise access the Website or our websites. We do not seek any personal information (or any information at all) from any persons under 18 years old. Because we do not intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 18, we also do not knowingly share or disclose such information to third parties. If you are under 18 years old, you may not use the Website. If you have reason to believe that a child under 18 years of age has provided us with information, please contact us at [email protected].
By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
15. Legal Disclaimer
16. Questions & Contact Information